We at PyCon Malaysia is happy to announce 2 grants for Python Developers in Malaysia, primary focus on events. The grant will be PyCon APAC Participation Grant and Mini PyCon MY Grant.
PyCon APAC Participation Grant
This grant aims to increase awareness about, co-operation between and participation within the regional APAC PyCons, it’s community and Malaysian participants.
The purpose above can further be divided into 4 aspects:
- Data and material collection: Based on material collected from attending the regional event, create contents for PyCon MY, such as a report on the event with pictures for blog posts.
- Diplomacy: Get to know and create contacts with the keypersons and team organizing the regional PyCon
- Observation: Give feedback to PyCon MY based on observations of the regional PyCon.
- Public Relations: Make announcements via LT or regular talk about the activities of PyCon MY in particular and APAC in general, to garner interest in PyCon MY.
What the participant need to do
In return for a blog post report which includes evidence of attendance to the event and interaction with the local PyCon organizers, we will grant the said amount above to one or more persons which have successfully applied for the grant. Each successful applicant is required to present one report each.
The grant will be disbursed in 3 stages:
- Stage 1: (25%) When the successful applicant has confirmed he/she accepts the grant and the conditions, and is able to secure tickets for the event
- Stage 2: (25%) When the successful applicant has confirmed travel arrangements: 1) Flight and 2) Accommodations
- Stage 3: (50%) When the applicant returns, presents the required work and PyCon MY QA has been done.
Mini PyCon MY Grant
This grant aims to help python user groups in other parts of Malaysia to organize, execute and do a post-mortem of smaller PyCon conferences in their communities.
In return for a blog post report which includes evidence of execution of the event we will grant the said amount above to the persons or groups which have successfully applied for the grant.
If you are interested in any of these
You can contact our community coordinator, sweemeng<email@example.com>.